Caramel Fudge BrowniesThese Caramel Fudge Brownies feature a layer of caramel are simply mouth watering
- 14 oz (390 grams) caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup (226 grams) butter
- 2 cups (400 grams) Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (340 grams) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch hanging of the sides.
- In a small saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- In medium size saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs to the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Gently, fold in the flour, cocoa and salt.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pecans. Spread evenly in pan.
- Gently and evenly drizzle melted caramel over brownie batter. With the back of a spoon, spread the caramel all over the brownie batter.
- Bake for 38 minutes or until set.
- As soon as the brownies are done, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over warm brownies. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; press in lightly.
- Cool 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is set, before cutting into bars.