Try out my recipe for Walnut Lemon Bars ..right now! :) They are slightly tangy, slightly sweet, and amazingly delicious!
Makes about 9-12 servings
1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (50g) flour
3/4 cup (75g) ground walnuts
1/2 tsp (2g) salt
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
3 egg whites
zest of a lemon
3 egg yolks
zest of a lemon
1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Slightly grease a 8x8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges overhang to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until creamy. Add walnuts, lemon zest and flour and mix well.
3. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Whip egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add 2 tbsp of sugar and whip until stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into walnut mixture.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile mix egg yolks with sugar and lemon zest until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored.
6. Remove the walnut base from the oven and add yolks mixture on top of the cake and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Let it cool slightly.
7. Prepare chocolate . Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth.
8. Spread the chocolate on top of the cake. Let it set before serving.
Walnut Lemon Bars
4/ 5Oleh SaraH