Healthy Lemon Bars:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Additional confectioners' sugar
- For crust: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl, add butter and walnuts and cut in using fingertips until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Firmly press crumbs on bottom of 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake crust until golden-brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- For filling: Whisk ¾ cup sugar, eggs and peel in medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in lemon juice, flour and soda.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake until just set and edges are lightly-browned, about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over.
- Cut into squares, sift icing sugar over, and top each square with a walnut half.
Healthy Lemon Bars
4/ 5Oleh SaraH