Mexican Chicken With Fried Rice:One might get boar from having the usual dishes sometimes unusual dishes are required to lift up to your level. Try Mexican Chicken. This chicken is very tasty and become utterly delicious when served with fried rice.Here is a great recipe for Mexican chicken. the chicken is cooked until done and then shredded and it is ready to be used. The chicken gets a lot of flavor from salsa, chili powder, cumin chili pepper. Brown sugar and liquid smoke are added for even more flavor.you can use medium salsa instead of mild or add more chili pepper.
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- ½ cup mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons green chilies
- half cup tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- hot sauce (to taste)
- Rub the chicken breasts on both sides with olive oil and butter and place into the bottom of a slow cooker. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the hot sauce. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until the chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before shredding, leave the liquid in the crock pot.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes to absorb some of the liquid. Drain the excess liquid. Taste and add hot sauce if you prefer