pineapple and avocado salad:This tasty and tropical salad is a great summer side dish that uses ingredients like fresh pineapple, avocado,tomato, onion,cucumber and pepper to create a perfect flavor combination.
- 1/2 a fresh pineapple
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 pepper, red or green
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1/2 a cucumber
- Juice of two limes
- Large handful of cilantro
- Sea salt to taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Dice the pineapple, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, onion and cucumber into roughly the same sized pieces.
- Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper. Dice finely.
- Chop the cilantro and add the juice of two limes to the mixture.
- Add salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon to taste.
- Let the salsa sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine. This goes great with chicken or fish.